This is my attempt at building a non-rabbithole version of the Flying V’s Coffeehouse from Showtime. I posted some pics of it ages ago, and Jettschae kindly requested that I share the lot. I’m sorry it took this long, Jettschae, but here it is! :)
Since I had moved the old lot around a bit and it had lost its original lot size, I rebuilt it from scratch. The lot size is 20x34, which is the original lot size of the coffeehouse in Starlight Shores. (If you would like to place it on a 20x34 so you don’t have extra space to fill, I recommend using velocitygrass’s Add Any Lot Size mod - it’s super easy to use). These pics are from Lucky Palms, but I did check to make sure the lot fits in Starlight Shores as well.
A few notes about this lot:
- The lot type is “Coffeehouse” so that it can still function as a performance venue for Showtime careers. It also has the stage and audience markers.
- A proprietor will be generated by the game and hang around the lot. However, they may not be “on the job” right away - in my game it took about 24 Sim hours for them to be available for auditions (you can see Wesley, my Elvis impersonator, auditioning in the second-to-last pic above).
- It really is just a coffeehouse - the only refreshments available are from the hot beverage machine. But feel free to customize this however you want - add a barista bar, an ice cream or sno-cone machine, or try the Business as Usual set (or better yet, Ani’s improved version) and set it up like a real diner.
- The front doors look cool but they don’t appear to have any animations - Sims just walk right through them. If that bugs you, you may want to replace them!
Please let me know if you have any questions about the lot or if something doesn’t work right!
- Lot size: 20 x 34
- Patch: 1.63
- EPs: Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, University Life
- SPs: Fast Lane, High End Loft
- Alpine Window set by Cyclonesue
- SDS Single Door 001 by sims3shter
- MB-Fake Construction Ultima 2 column by matomibotaki
- Basic Window 2-tile Top & Bottom by Funny/megativity
- Atomik Koffee Haus lighted sign by Baufive
- Bathroom Tile Wall - 4 x 4 - Counter Height w/Trim by Awesims
- Around the Sims: Bistro Booth, Kitchen racks, Tea Towel, Wall Menu - Modern Art Cafe, Posters - Sodas (Simlish versions)
Required Store Items
- Hogan’s Deep-Fried Diner Starter Kit (2-tile table, stools, counters, door, napkin holder, light)
- Rocket Johnny’s Retro Ride arcade game
- Classic Gumball Machine
- Mmmmm! Cupcakes!
- Burning Clock - this was a free Dr. Pepper promo item no longer available for download - if you don’t have it, it will be replaced by the base game clock
DOWNLOAD Package file (put in Sims 3/Library folder)
I’ve been so excited for this! Thank you Jenba!
Making a updated version of Appaloosa Plains. I really like the contrast living in the country and then traveling to a modern world with into the future but Appaloosa needed more room. So that what I have been doing.
As you can see on the picture I moved the homes that were in the village border to the side, like how the other houses are placed. There is a new 50x60 lot and 2 30x30 and one 20x30. I removed the dog park and place 4 30x20 lots. Who uses the dog park, really? I also removed the cat park and build my own seasons park but it didn’t place it yet in this world. Also removed the ugly old house. So you have 8 new lots to build on.
I am testing the file now but it won’t belong before I share it with you all!
Playtesting my Flying V’s Coffeehouse…if all goes well, I might be able to get this puppy uploaded tonight. *crosses fingers and toes*
So, here we go! After
weeksmonths of work on this, it’s almost time to open a new Advent calendar! *happy dance*
From the 1st of December to the 24th, you’ll find a new object, directly inspired from IKEA catalogs, that will be available to download during 24 hours. At midnight (at *your* midnight), it’s replaced by another gift. Don’t worry if you miss one, all the gifts will be available again from the 25th of December. :)
Waiting for the opening of the Advent calendar, here’s one for your Simmies, that you can hold on walls, and that works like a chest, so you can store inventory stuff in.
See you on the 1st of December! ;)
This is so wonderful, Sandy! You really spoil us. I can’t wait to see all of the lovely things you’ve meshed! ♥
I edited the Uni terrain and made it a homeworld. The only problem is that the terrain does not match the distant terrain. I will most likely change the rocks back to their original color.
EA Announces The Sims 3 Roaring Heights (World)
Cats Giving High Fives (Part 1)
Previously: Animals Being Jerks (GIFs)If this doesn’t make you happy NOTHING CAN!! ;;;
okay if i was ever to have a cat, it would have to do this or it’d be out.
This semi-grungy diner finishes off the industrial/entertainment subhood in Cottonwood Hills! Big thanks to Jenba for letting me shamelessly copy her lovely diner! :) I stupidly named it ‘Betty’s Diner’, forgetting I already had a ‘Betty’s Salon’ in Cottonwood Hills, so let’s just pretend Betty is a popular name there?! One of my favourite parts of this lot is that the telephone wires connect seamlessly with the ones on the strip club lot next door (if you place this lot in Cottonwood Hills, that is)! I initially created a much nicer seating booths set-up, but unfortunately it wasn’t actually usable due to the chairs being too close together. Oh well! I hope you will still enjoy it :)
The lot size is 20x15 and it’s labelled as a dive bar. In Cottonwood Hills this lot is located at 6 Buckthorn Bend.
About custom content
- A comprehensive list of custom and store content used is not included, any content you do not have installed will be replaced by the game. Feel free to send me WCIF’s.
- I have all EP’s, SP’s and (decrappified) store content.
- I use these OMSP’s: shiftable OMSP and OMSP resizers, I recommend having them installed.
- I made a decorative register using Sandy’s register mesh, you can download it here.
How to install
This is a package file so you need to put it in your Library folder. It will show up under community lots in your library.
Please do not claim this lot as your own or upload it to the exchange or elsewhere. Thank you.